With the development of the internet, there are many ways you can make money on the internet. One of them is through advertising. Advertising is an easy and effective way to generate revenue. Now, you can also get revenue through advertising on the application! Well, Google already has a product that can help you, namely AdMob.
AdMob brings special technology to help you earn money from mobile application advertising. For this, you don’t need to rely on advertising tools or other advertising resources to build your marketing application. Before we discuss Google AdMob, let’s first discuss what is mobile advertising.
What is Mobile Advertising?
Mobile advertising is a type of advertising displayed via mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. These advertisements can be shown through several different channels. Some of them are:
- You may already be familiar with this type of mobile advertising. SMS is one way to advertise a business directly to customers by sending information directly to their mobile phones.
- Native Ads. Native ads are types of ads that blend in with the website or application where the ad is displayed so that it looks like part of the website or application. Ads like this are usually made so that the user experience of the user remains good.
- Interstitial Ads. Interstitial ads are a full screen ad format that fills the application interface and appears at natural application transition points such as visiting a new page. Users have the option to skip ads if they want. This is one of the most effective types of mobile advertising.
Maybe you are already interested in doing mobile advertising. But how? Don’t worry because there is one easy way to do this, namely through Google AdMob.
What is Google AdMob?
AdMob is Google’s advertising platform used to monetize mobile applications. With Google AdMob, developers can promote their applications through in-app advertising, monetize their applications by allowing in-app advertising, and give them insight through Google Analytics.
The name AdMob itself is a combination of “Advertising” and “Mobile”. With AdMob, you can create ads for various mobile platforms such as Android, iOS, WebOS, and Windows. AdMob is one of the largest mobile advertising companies in the world serving more than 40 million mobile advertisements in the form of banners or text that are installed on various platforms such as websites and mobile applications every month.
An AdMob account is also linked to an AdWords account so that it can distribute ads for Android or gaming applications. Through connecting AdMob to AdWords, one can create a mobile application installation campaign. This special campaign is carried out so that more people download the application. With AdWords, you can use special targeting keywords, and advertisements based on the application ID and other information. One of the unique features of the mobile advertising platform is AdMob Mediation which enables the creation of internal ad campaigns, campaigns that serve ads to applications with their own inventory at no cost.
One can easily evaluate the performance of the campaign through conversion tracking. Because the system is fully integrated with Google Analytics, you can access all metrics and dimensions, which are important for applications such as user engagement, user acquisition, revenue, sessions, screen views, screen sizes, app versions, and more . In addition, one can segment the audience to know how a user is using an application. AdMob can help developers to build applications that support mobile advertising and open up new income lines for them.
Google AdMob features
AdMob has a built-in mechanism, which allows developers to display “internal advertisements” to cross-promote their other application portfolios for free. This framework can also be used for direct bidding, enabling running ad deals that are negotiated directly with advertisers.
Another AdMob feature is Mediation, technology that helps applications maximize the number of ads displayed in the application, and helps increase revenue. Through mediation, one can integrate nearly 40 different mobile ad networks and even be involved in mediating software development for certain networks. With mediation, the application can enjoy direct integration and dynamic bidding with other ad networks that allow automatic CPM updates. This eliminates the effort and time to adjust bids manually. When it comes to monetization, AdMob is a useful tool because it has all the features it needs.
In addition to the features mentioned above, AdMob also has three other features that are also interesting:
AdMob In-App Purchase House Ads. The new format can really change the way people think about in-app purchase monetization strategies. This format can be used to create customized ads to promote items sold to users. AdMob can display regular ads. This approach means that one can retain high-value users involved in the application, and for others.
Audience Builder. This is a powerful feature that helps you create an audience list based on how people use the application and create a customized user experience for users who haven’t used the application in two weeks. Import the list into Google AdWords and display ads according to the list to re-engage users while they are on another application or website.
AdMob Native Ads. Participating developers can display native ads in their applications and adjust them to blend with the form and function of the application. With native ads, you can create a more pleasant user experience for your application users.
How to use AdMob?
How? Already interested in using AdMob? Come on, follow the steps below to get started.
Sign in to your AdMob account by visiting https://apps.admob.com/
- Click on “Monetize New App”
- Give the application name and platform details then click “Add App”
- Choose an application to monetize by choosing between these 3 methods:
- Search for your Apps. Search for your application on Google Play, then click + Select to select a particular application.
- Add your App manually. If your application has not been published or released, you can enter the name and platform, then click + Select to add the App manually.
- Select from Apps you have added. In the list of apps that are already in your AdMob account, click + Select to select the application you want.
- To create an ad, select an ad format and enter the relevant data for the banner or interstitial ad
- Click the “Save” button
- Don’t forget to save the Ad Unit ID. This will be useful for your coding needs later
- After that, try reviewing the on-screen instructions again to learn how to best implement your ad in your application. Your application will not show ads until you place an Ad Unit ID in your application’s code.
For mobile application developers, Google AdMob really helps you to monetize your application through advertisements. Especially for the Android platform. With the Google AdMob framework, you will get various benefits. With its features, Google AdMob helps you to advertise and earn income from the internet more easily. Hope this article helps!